"There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God." --Psalm 46:4

My Photo
Serving God with His people at Faith OPC has been a great joy and blessing. When I grow up, I want to umpire Little League Baseball. I will revel on that day when I can say to a 10-year-old boy after four pitched balls, "Take a walk in the sunshine." My wife of 30+ years, Peggy, consistently demonstrates the love of Christ and remains my very best friend. Our six children, our four lovely, sweetie-pie daughters-in-law, and our four grandchildren serve as resident theologians.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bulimia Matters. 23

All to Him I Owe


“For, until men feel that they owe everything to God, that they are cherished by his paternal care, and that he is the author of all their blessings, so that nought is to be looked for away from him, they will never submit to him in voluntary obedience; nay, unless they place their entire happiness in him, they will never yield up their whole selves to him in truth and sincerity.”

—John Calvin, Institutes, Book 1, Chapter 2

G. Mark Sumpter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Mark. Calvin was sooo good in showing remind us, showing us, that our all comes from God....every breath, our faith, belief, will, ability, repentance, hope....everything.
"What do you have that you did not receive, and if you have received it, why do you boast...?", says Paul. Such is the source and of our assurance and joy. Such puts us to bed at night - get's us up in the morning - moves us throughout the day. Amen.
- Matt

One Potato, Two Potato