"There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God." --Psalm 46:4

My Photo
Serving God with His people at Faith OPC has been a great joy and blessing. When I grow up, I want to umpire Little League Baseball. I will revel on that day when I can say to a 10-year-old boy after four pitched balls, "Take a walk in the sunshine." My wife of 30+ years, Peggy, consistently demonstrates the love of Christ and remains my very best friend. Our six children, our four lovely, sweetie-pie daughters-in-law, and our four grandchildren serve as resident theologians.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Week of Prayer at Faith OPC

Call a Sacred Assembly
The prayer times this week have been the most helpful for me, for me personally. The practice of purposeful, extended time in prayer has been really good. Hearing the others pray has been such a great ministry. It really has. I need to remember this when I am discouraged. Our people love the Lord, His word, His worship. The burdens about evangelism and really trying to reach people have come through a great deal. Some of their confessions and urgings and very open, frank praying have been a source of meditation and help. I've been greatly blessed.

Faith OPC has been gifted with a new location for her worship in our city of 30-35,000. We have set aside this week for prayer.

Abram moved his tent, and went and dwelt by the terebinth trees of Mamre, which are in Hebron, and built an altar there to the LORD.

G. Mark Sumpter

No comments:

One Potato, Two Potato