"There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God." --Psalm 46:4

My Photo
Serving God with His people at Faith OPC has been a great joy and blessing. When I grow up, I want to umpire Little League Baseball. I will revel on that day when I can say to a 10-year-old boy after four pitched balls, "Take a walk in the sunshine." My wife of 30+ years, Peggy, consistently demonstrates the love of Christ and remains my very best friend. Our six children, our four lovely, sweetie-pie daughters-in-law, and our four grandchildren serve as resident theologians.

Friday, November 7, 2008

Issachar Commentary.1


1 Chronicles 12:32
And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment.


[E]xit poll of voters showed single women were a decisive factor in Barack Obama's historic victory. If not for the overwhelming support of unmarried women, John McCain would have won the women's vote and with it, the White House," said the international research firm Greenberg Quinlan Rosner. Tuesday night, unmarried women supported the Democratic candidate by a stunning 70 to 29 percent margin, the firm said in a summary of its calculations, based on the Edison/Mitofsky National Election Pool published by CNN. From World Net Daily


Why did President-elect Obama carry the unmarried female vote? I went over to the intersection in Grants Pass at the corners of Imagination Boulevard and Probably Avenue, here's what women had to say:

1. "He's got charisma."


2. "He's about me and the Hollywood camp of the young and restless."


3. "Hey, my body is my body...he says he'll protect me and my reproductive rights."


4. "The greatest generation had their day, and Viet Nam, well...Barack shows me a different kind of bravery."


5. "It's not about pro-life, it's not about homosexuality, and it's not about same-sex marriage. It's about getting along...he wants to get along."


6. "He reminds me of the famous line in Twilight, 'Forever. Begins. Now.'"


7. "Any President who can text message and sign it, 'Barack,' gets my vote."


8. "This is our moment, our time."


9. "I don't know, I just did it."


10. "He'll take care of my kids...he'll take care of me."


G. Mark Sumpter

No comments:

One Potato, Two Potato