"There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God." --Psalm 46:4

My Photo
Serving God with His people at Faith OPC has been a great joy and blessing. When I grow up, I want to umpire Little League Baseball. I will revel on that day when I can say to a 10-year-old boy after four pitched balls, "Take a walk in the sunshine." My wife of 30+ years, Peggy, consistently demonstrates the love of Christ and remains my very best friend. Our six children, our four lovely, sweetie-pie daughters-in-law, and our four grandchildren serve as resident theologians.

Friday, February 13, 2009

Bulimia Matters.9


“Those who have been baptized into Christ really are new creatures—right now. They are defined by the resurrection as well as the cross and are no longer under the dominion of sin, Paul says in Romans 6. But lest anyone fall into the opposite error of some sort of triumphalistic perfectionism, chapter 7 reminds us that we are still sinners who do what we do not want to do and end up failing to do what we agree is good. Romans 8 ties it all up by concluding that one day we will not live in this in-between tension, but until then we patiently wait. ‘Who hopes for what he already has? (Romans 8:24).’”

From Michael Horton's A Better Way, p. 132

G. Mark Sumpter

No comments:

One Potato, Two Potato