"There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God." --Psalm 46:4

My Photo
Serving God with His people at Faith OPC has been a great joy and blessing. When I grow up, I want to umpire Little League Baseball. I will revel on that day when I can say to a 10-year-old boy after four pitched balls, "Take a walk in the sunshine." My wife of 30+ years, Peggy, consistently demonstrates the love of Christ and remains my very best friend. Our six children, our four lovely, sweetie-pie daughters-in-law, and our four grandchildren serve as resident theologians.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Non Modo...Sed Etiam



Jeremy and I returned to Grants Pass from Israel a week ago today, and what an experience taking part in a 4-week, 4-hours per day, 5 days-a-week class of Biblical Hebrew. Between the historical, geographical, ecclesiastical, political, culinary, and biblical study, we have received an abundance and then some! We are still debriefing one another, our family and the church family here in Grants Pass on the wide ranging variety of things experienced.

We count nearly 40 places of antiquity where we visited; 80+ hours of Hebrew instruction, with only 1-2% of it in the foreign language of English; 8 places of dining of the real deal of Mediterranean-Middle Eastern food; for me, preaching twice in the Community Christian Fellowship of Tel Aviv; and then, two times playing pitch and catch hoping to keep Jeremy's arm in shape for his coming High School baseball tryouts!

We're super grateful for this time of learning and growing together. Pictures and stories will be posted in the short days ahead!

G. Mark Sumpter

No comments:

One Potato, Two Potato