"There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God." --Psalm 46:4

My Photo
Serving God with His people at Faith OPC has been a great joy and blessing. When I grow up, I want to umpire Little League Baseball. I will revel on that day when I can say to a 10-year-old boy after four pitched balls, "Take a walk in the sunshine." My wife of 30+ years, Peggy, consistently demonstrates the love of Christ and remains my very best friend. Our six children, our four lovely, sweetie-pie daughters-in-law, and our four grandchildren serve as resident theologians.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Jocks


My brother lived his dream for about two handfuls of months. He wanted to jock on an easy listening station, and he did so in Anchorage. I was driving around town recently and caught a little more talk radio. The news-talk jock hash that I hear from time to time attempts to coat the airwaves with analysis and commentary about the political landscape in America. Confession time. I rarely trust the work of the spin-grins, even the big boys. I rarely trust them because it's man's opinion and man's spin. I am from Missouri when it comes to accuracy, faithfulness, integrity and the whole banana from the guys behind the mic.

G. Mark Sumpter

No comments:

One Potato, Two Potato