"There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God." --Psalm 46:4

My Photo
Serving God with His people at Faith OPC has been a great joy and blessing. When I grow up, I want to umpire Little League Baseball. I will revel on that day when I can say to a 10-year-old boy after four pitched balls, "Take a walk in the sunshine." My wife of 30+ years, Peggy, consistently demonstrates the love of Christ and remains my very best friend. Our six children, our four lovely, sweetie-pie daughters-in-law, and our four grandchildren serve as resident theologians.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Brandon Drury—Local Ball Player

Drafted in the 13th Round to Atlanta out of Grants Pass High School

This young man has been a blast to watch over the years. Our own Jeremy played ball on several of the same teams with Brandon here locally.

Brandon had his birthday this past Saturday, and I wanted to tip the hat about his accomplishments.

He was drafted this past June by the Atlanta Braves. He’s playing 3rd Base for the Braves affiliate in the Gulf Coast Rookie League.

He's batting .205 at the present time, with 2 HRs. I'm fairly certain that the Gulf Coast Rookie League season ends this week.

Go HERE for a few statistics.

G. Mark Sumpter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that the Gulf Coast League is done for the summer is he coming home or will he play in another league for the fall?

One Potato, Two Potato