"There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God." --Psalm 46:4

My Photo
Serving God with His people at Faith OPC has been a great joy and blessing. When I grow up, I want to umpire Little League Baseball. I will revel on that day when I can say to a 10-year-old boy after four pitched balls, "Take a walk in the sunshine." My wife of 30+ years, Peggy, consistently demonstrates the love of Christ and remains my very best friend. Our six children, our four lovely, sweetie-pie daughters-in-law, and our four grandchildren serve as resident theologians.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Spanning the globe to bring you the constant variety of sport…

Ice Hockey shows up in the strangest of... 

BETHLEHEM, West Bank — The annual cleaning of one of Christianity’s holiest churches deteriorated into a brawl between rival clergy Wednesday, as dozens of monks feuding over sacred space at the Church of the Nativity battled one another with brooms until police intervened.

Wednesday’s fight erupted between Greek Orthodox and Armenian clergy, with both sides accusing the other of encroaching on parts of the church to which they lay claim.

Denver Post wire services

G. Mark Sumpter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They got swept away. Hope they can brush it aside. (Sorry, couldn't resist).

- Matt

One Potato, Two Potato