"There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God." --Psalm 46:4

My Photo
Serving God with His people at Faith OPC has been a great joy and blessing. When I grow up, I want to umpire Little League Baseball. I will revel on that day when I can say to a 10-year-old boy after four pitched balls, "Take a walk in the sunshine." My wife of 30+ years, Peggy, consistently demonstrates the love of Christ and remains my very best friend. Our six children, our four lovely, sweetie-pie daughters-in-law, and our four grandchildren serve as resident theologians.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy Anniversary, Peg



God is our Faithful God, We're Grateful for 32 Years

Here's a picture of First Presbyterian Church of Anchorage, AK where 32 orbits-around-the sun ago, on this very day, about 150-200 friends and family filled the pews to witness the vow-taking of two young folks--Gregory Mark and Peggy Kay. Dr. Thomas R. Teply, our pastor, officiated. Richard and Patty and Yank and Phyllis looked on with love, hope and blessing.




This shot right below is standing near the Earthquake Park area, the Turnagain Area, and looking back on the city of Anchorage. This area, along the Cook Inlet, is where Peg and I spent many hours taking walks. Good times. Great memories.



Peg is my very best friend, true love and help-meet; and a counselor with balanced insight. God has planted deep faith within her, and she shines with a faithful light for service to Him in His church! What a treat to be able share in life!

G. Mark Sumpter

3 comments:

Tania said...

I love that picture of the two of you!!!! I love you both so much!!! You are such an inspiration to me and my family. Thank you for all your shared wisdom and for lending me your wife so often when I need some talk time!!!! Have a great day!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful "memory" post. We see God hand in both of your lives and rejoice that he has led you all the way.
Bill & Linda

Natalie said...

Happy Anniversary! You both are such a blessing to my life!

One Potato, Two Potato