"There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God." --Psalm 46:4

My Photo
Serving God with His people at Faith OPC has been a great joy and blessing. When I grow up, I want to umpire Little League Baseball. I will revel on that day when I can say to a 10-year-old boy after four pitched balls, "Take a walk in the sunshine." My wife of 30+ years, Peggy, consistently demonstrates the love of Christ and remains my very best friend. Our six children, our four lovely, sweetie-pie daughters-in-law, and our four grandchildren serve as resident theologians.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Great Prayer Resources


For a way to expand your abilities to pray knowledgeably, these guides are the ticket!

In an on-again and off-again way, our family used the
Operation World prayer guide around the table at home. Our first four children heard me read from this prayer resource. Also, maybe the kids will remember the map of the world on the wall next to the kitchen table. We have aimed at praying widely over the years.

We first learned of the book at an Urbana Conference years back. Then
Evangelical Bible Books started carrying it, and I would talk it up in the store in Escondido.

Folks, this is good stuff. Go to the
Operation World site and start making use of the current updates and newsy items---current events and evangelistic and church-related matters---for your prayer watch.

We regularly use the
OPC monthly guide from New Horizons; I've missed the wider praying for missions that can be fueled by groups like Mission Network News, the Joshua Project and the Presidential Prayer Team (matters for the USA).

Ask of Me, and I will give You the nations for Your inheritance, and the ends of the earth for Your possession. Psalm 2:8

G. Mark Sumpter

No comments:

One Potato, Two Potato