"There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God." --Psalm 46:4

My Photo
Serving God with His people at Faith OPC has been a great joy and blessing. When I grow up, I want to umpire Little League Baseball. I will revel on that day when I can say to a 10-year-old boy after four pitched balls, "Take a walk in the sunshine." My wife of 30+ years, Peggy, consistently demonstrates the love of Christ and remains my very best friend. Our six children, our four lovely, sweetie-pie daughters-in-law, and our four grandchildren serve as resident theologians.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Words and Christian Humanism


Taking a refresher in English Grammar and Creative Writing has the juices flowing. I sat in class thinking this is stout-hearted and stout-fingered sanctification, the real stuff. Our Triune God spoke creation into existence; Jesus Christ is the Word made living; God the Spirit carried men along as they penned the Book of the Covenant, the Bible. Man made in God's image speaks, writes and interpretes. He exercises dominion and in so doing, it's very creaturely. May this creaturely mandate be one that we do with faith and obedience in Jesus Christ. As we heard so often a few decades back, "Write On, Brother, Write On," or something like that.

G. Mark Sumpter

No comments:

One Potato, Two Potato