"There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God." --Psalm 46:4

My Photo
Serving God with His people at Faith OPC has been a great joy and blessing. When I grow up, I want to umpire Little League Baseball. I will revel on that day when I can say to a 10-year-old boy after four pitched balls, "Take a walk in the sunshine." My wife of 30+ years, Peggy, consistently demonstrates the love of Christ and remains my very best friend. Our six children, our four lovely, sweetie-pie daughters-in-law, and our four grandchildren serve as resident theologians.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mr. Zamboni


Sumpter Lore

At 5:00 AM every morning, five and six days a week, for a year, I drove this puppy. That was back when Tonya Harding skated as a six or seven year old. I prepped the ice for her workouts, when she was a little snotty nosed kid. But more important---much more important---I worked on the ice for the Rusty Blades league. These old timers were a boot-sized kick in the pants to watch them hustle up and down the sheet.

It takes a village of Rink Rats to make it all happen. I was Rink Rat at the Anchorage Sports Arena from 1972-1975. Good times, super cool times.

G. Mark Sumpter

No comments:

One Potato, Two Potato