"There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God." --Psalm 46:4

My Photo
Serving God with His people at Faith OPC has been a great joy and blessing. When I grow up, I want to umpire Little League Baseball. I will revel on that day when I can say to a 10-year-old boy after four pitched balls, "Take a walk in the sunshine." My wife of 30+ years, Peggy, consistently demonstrates the love of Christ and remains my very best friend. Our six children, our four lovely, sweetie-pie daughters-in-law, and our four grandchildren serve as resident theologians.

Friday, October 23, 2009

The Place of Testimonies


A Note on Isaiah 53:5b

And by His stripes we are healed.

I value the hospital patients, on whom I call, who tell of the Lord's healing. No question, after their healing, they turn around and tell their story of healing to others. The same is true for overcomers who have experienced drug addiction, or those who conquer bitterness from unemployment, or those who taste the renewal and hope that comes after the pain of a divorce situation; and to be sure, there are dozens of other kinds of examples of trial and hardship.

There's something about the vantage point of our own wounds, afflictions and diseases where, after God's healing for us, it can flow to others. Through our own wounds, our own stripes, there's healing for others.

In this way, the Christian always stays under the cross of Christ Jesus.

G. Mark Sumpter


1 comment:

Betsy said...

Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy your blog. You have great things to say and I love hearing your opinions. Keep on writing.
~Betsy
betsy@calledtoyouthministry.com

One Potato, Two Potato