"There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God." --Psalm 46:4

My Photo
Serving God with His people at Faith OPC has been a great joy and blessing. When I grow up, I want to umpire Little League Baseball. I will revel on that day when I can say to a 10-year-old boy after four pitched balls, "Take a walk in the sunshine." My wife of 30+ years, Peggy, consistently demonstrates the love of Christ and remains my very best friend. Our six children, our four lovely, sweetie-pie daughters-in-law, and our four grandchildren serve as resident theologians.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Last Week's March for Life


Praying and Serving That Pre-Born Babies are Saved

Last week, men, women and children took part in the Josephine County March for Life. Faith OPC has been a part of this march, watch and prayer ministry as a witness for truth for 25+ years. Pastors and priests, elders and deacons, and city, county and state officials were there. Our city's children and young people also displayed hands, hearts and voices in this witness.

I am grateful for the song, Your Hands, written by J.J. Heller, which was sung beautifully by the Emmons Sisters at last Sunday afternoon's gathering:

I have unanswered prayers

I have trouble I wish wasn’t there

And I have asked a thousand ways

That you would take my pain away

You would take my pain away

I am trying to understand

How to walk this weary land

Make straight the paths that crooked lie

Oh Lord, before these feet of mine

Oh Lord, before these feet of mine


When my world is shaking, heaven stands

When my heart is breaking
I never leave your hands
When you walked upon the earth

You healed the broken, lost and hurt

I know you hate to see me cry

One day you will set all things right

Yeah, one day you will set all things right

When my world is shaking, heaven stands

When my heart is breaking
I never leave your hands
Your hands that shaped the world

Are holding me
They hold me still

O God, silence Your foes, the ones leading the charge in the murder of the pre-born; subdue them in Your grace and conquer them in Your saving love, that fathers, mothers and babies are rescued and resting in Your hands. And may we, Your people, pray and serve in such a God-pleasing way that we might bear Your name in a worthy manner. We wait upon You, we turn to You. Hear us, through Christ Jesus our Lord; and heal us for the majesty of Your honor. Amen and Amen.

G. Mark Sumpter

No comments:

One Potato, Two Potato