"There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God." --Psalm 46:4

My Photo
Serving God with His people at Faith OPC has been a great joy and blessing. When I grow up, I want to umpire Little League Baseball. I will revel on that day when I can say to a 10-year-old boy after four pitched balls, "Take a walk in the sunshine." My wife of 30+ years, Peggy, consistently demonstrates the love of Christ and remains my very best friend. Our six children, our four lovely, sweetie-pie daughters-in-law, and our four grandchildren serve as resident theologians.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Three Week Bible Study Offered in Grants Pass

Basic Bible In Your Home


▪ 3 sessions of learning and discussion

▪ Free, no charge; call for appointment


Mark Sumpter, pastor

Faith Presbyterian Church, GP

Email: faithpastor@grantspass.com

541-479-7863, 541-471-1414


We are spiritually hungry, but the reason for this is

that we continue to refuse to eat the food God

has prepared for us.


I started offering these 3-week learning and discussion times in the homes of folks right here in Grants Pass. Pray for this ministry outreach as a form of evangelism and discipleship. I have basic studies that I've done based on two booklets---either Ultimate Questions by John Blanchard or Confessing Christ by Calvin Cummings.


G. Mark Sumpter

1 comment:

Matt said...

Mark,
I will pray for this ministry! Go into the 'belly of the beast' so to speak (er...go to the heart of the matter, is what I mean). We never outgrow the pure milk of the Word.

As far as actually going to peoples houses, did you know that Richard Baxter (in the Reformed Pastor) said this? He said that he could encouraged people more in 30 minutes of one on one teaching at there homes than he could in preaching to them for 10 years from the pulpit. Is that true? I dunno, but he said it.

Anyway, will pray my portion. May your work be Holy Spirit empowered.

Matt

One Potato, Two Potato