"There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God." --Psalm 46:4

My Photo
Serving God with His people at Faith OPC has been a great joy and blessing. When I grow up, I want to umpire Little League Baseball. I will revel on that day when I can say to a 10-year-old boy after four pitched balls, "Take a walk in the sunshine." My wife of 30+ years, Peggy, consistently demonstrates the love of Christ and remains my very best friend. Our six children, our four lovely, sweetie-pie daughters-in-law, and our four grandchildren serve as resident theologians.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Torque Up the Volume


Bambi backs Godzilla into a corner on this one

It was five years ago, March 31, 2005, that Terry Schiavo passed away; we also remember the call to stand for life. Put me in coach, I’m ready to play!


My wife recently read this book, and it sounds like a super read.


Note this announcement: Country Legend Randy Travis Headlines the April 11 show in Indianapolis with Opening Act Collin Raye


The Terri Schindler Schiavo Foundation is excited to announce the first annual Terri Schiavo Life & Hope Concert to be held at the Murat Theatre in Indianapolis, Indiana.


This concert showcases two award-winning Country stars in a rare appearance together on the same stage! It promises to be a fabulous music show, long to be remembered by country music fans! The concert comes just days after the fifth anniversary of Terri Schiavo's death and will benefit the Foundation established by her family.


With one of the most recognizable voices in country music and over twenty-five years on the country music charts, Randy Travis is one of the top-ten selling solo country artists of all time. Collin Raye has produced five Platinum Albums, and fifteen #1 hits. But perhaps the closest to Collin's heart is his granddaughter, Haley, who is afflicted with a rare degenerative brain disorder. Collin has worked tirelessly to help find a cure for Haley and has helped other families who are faced with similar situations.


The Terri Schiavo Life & Hope Concert will be Sunday, April 11, 2010…


I got wind of this news today about the concert, and I wanted to pass it along. It’s this news that helps us to keep jumping up and down with gratefulness for the kindness of our God and His common grace.


G. Mark Sumpter

No comments:

One Potato, Two Potato