"There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God." --Psalm 46:4

My Photo
Serving God with His people at Faith OPC has been a great joy and blessing. When I grow up, I want to umpire Little League Baseball. I will revel on that day when I can say to a 10-year-old boy after four pitched balls, "Take a walk in the sunshine." My wife of 30+ years, Peggy, consistently demonstrates the love of Christ and remains my very best friend. Our six children, our four lovely, sweetie-pie daughters-in-law, and our four grandchildren serve as resident theologians.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Twofer


Two quotes on the communion Christians have with one another in Christ Jesus

“Since all true believers are thus intimately united to Christ as the common Head of the whole body, and the Source of a common life, it follows that they must be initimately united together. If they have but one Head, and all members of one body, they must have one common life, and be all members one of another.”

A.A. Hodge, Princeton Seminary Professor, died in 1886


“Although the Christian has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, it is not a private relationship.”

Phil Ryken, presently the Pastor of Tenth Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia


G. Mark Sumpter

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Love the picture!! Fits nicely with the quotes too...

One Potato, Two Potato